The “Institute of Creativity in Music Education” has regularly published two journals over the last 8 years. One is written in Japanese and focuses on lesson studies in music education, and the other is the “International Journal of Creativity in Music Education“ which was first published in 2012 and has continued on to its 7th volume published this year. The “International Journal of Creativity in Music Education“ had been published in print for all volumes up to vol.6 and will be published as a web journal from vol.7. In addition, we at the institute have decided to transfer vol.1-6 to the website of this homepage. Now it is on a way to finish it.
Here, I would like to introduce the special issues of each volume of the “International Journal of Creativity in Music Education”.
- Vol.1 The Wind from the East: Proposals for Creative Music Activities by Young Musicians from East Asian Countries, 2012
- Vol.2 Pioneers of Creative Music Activities in Japan (written in Japanese), 2014
- Vol.3 Improvisation is fun for all of us! 2015
- Vol.4 The Future of Creativity in Music Education, 2016
- Vol.5 Inside or Outside? : the Standing Point of Creating Music, 2017
- Vol.6 Musical Creativity Through Breaking the Rules and Traditions, 2018
- Vol.7 Music Education as a Bridge Between Schools and Society, 2020
- Vol.8 Music Education in New Normalcy: A Creative Experience
It is my mission to continue publishing papers and information related to music education, especially in the area of musical creativity.
Executive Director, Institute of Creativity in Music Education
Chief Editor, International Journal of Creativity in Music Education
Professor Emeritus, Japan Women’s University